Honda Performance Development (HPD) has announced Honda CR-Z Hybrid Racer which will be displayed at this year’s Le Mans 24 Hours.
The CR-Z Racer has a total output of 200 horsepower and 237 horsepower which is not enough for a sports car. The standard cars are now coming with that much power. CR-Z Hybrid Coupe will also be driven by famous drivers on the track before the actual race starts.
In Europe, the CR-Z Racer is used as a pace car as part of Speed EuroSeries. Technical specifications of CR-Z Racer hybrid are given below:
- Production year: 2010
- Configuration: Combination IMA hybrid
- (Electric motor between the internal combustion engine and gearbox)
- Li-ion battery 7 kWh/173 volts
- Architecture: 4 cylinders in line, mounted transversely in front, FWD
- Displacement: 1,497 cm3
- Type: SOHC, 4 valves / cylinder; fuel Injection and turbocharger
- Transmission: 6 speed manual
- Power: 200 hp
- Max torque: 237 Nm
- Specific Power: 133 hp / litre