Below guide will teach you How to Replace an Exhaust Manifold Gasket. Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Combination Wrench Set
- Socket and Ratchet Set
- 3/8 in. Drive Torque Wrench
- Exhaust Manifold Gasket
- Penetrating Oil
- DIY Costs: Est. $27.41 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $219.19 parts and labor
- Secure the vehicle on a flat surface. Let the engine cool down.
- Prop the engine hood up and look for the exhaust manifold.
- Detach the exhaust pipe and other braces or tubing attached to the manifold.
- Unfasten the bolts holding the exhaust manifold. Take the exhaust manifold out.
- Wipe off any dust or debris from the mounting surfaces. Make sure that the remaining components of the old gaskets are also removed properly.
- Position the new exhaust manifold gasket on the mounting surface properly.
- Reattach the exhaust manifold and secure it with bolts.
- Reattach the exhaust pipe and other braces or tubing.
- Turn the engine on and make sure that there is no leak in exhaust manifold.
Tips & Warning
- Always use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to prevent injuries while working on your vehicle such as safety goggles, latex gloves, and closed toe shoes.