Below guide will teach you How to Replace a Muffler. Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Floor Jack
- Mallet Hammer
- Socket and Ratchet Set
- Scraper Set
- Jack Stand Set
- 3/8 in. Drive Ratchet
- Penetrating Oil
- DIY Costs: Est. $122.75 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $247.62 parts and labor
- Park the vehicle on a flat surface and raise the rear of the vehicle with floor jack as you will find muffler in the rear of your vehicle.
- Support the vehicle on the jack stands to make sure that it will not fall over you while working underneath the vehicle.
- Use penetrating lubricant spray on the exhaust clamp bolts. This will help you remove the bolts easily. Unfasten the clamp bolts holding the muffler to the exhaust.
- Take the old muffler out.
- Position the new muffler in place and secure it with clamp bolts to the exhaust.
- Take a small test drive to ensure that new muffler is properly installed.
Tips & Warning
- Always use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to prevent injuries while working on your vehicle such as safety goggles, latex gloves, and closed toe shoes.