Below guide will teach you How to Replace a Catalytic Converter. Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Combination Wrench Set
- Mallet Hammer
- Socket Extension Set
- Socket and Ratchet Set
- Jack Stand Set
- Catalytic Converter
- DIY Costs: Est. $88.11 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $302.41 parts and labor
- Life the vehicle with the help of floor jack and secure the vehicle on jack stands.
- Look for the catalytic converter.
- Take a rubber mallet and rap lightly on the catalytic converter. Observe the sound. If the noise heard is same, a catalytic converter needs to be replaced.
- Take the catalytic converter out by unbolting holding clamps.
- Wipe off any debris and dust from the mounting surfaces.
- Take the burrs off from the metal pipes so that the new converter glides on them easily.
- Put the burrs back and secure the new converter to the metal pipes with clamps.
Tips & Warning
- Always use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to prevent injuries while working on your vehicle such as safety goggles, latex gloves, and closed toe shoes.