Below guide will teach you How to Replace a Parking Brake Switch. Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Socket and Ratchet Set
- Parking Brake Light Switch
- DIY Costs: Est. $87.38 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $166.35 parts and labor
- Look for the parking brake switch. For foot style parking brakes, you can find it positioned under the dash or on the back of the lever. For hand style parking brakes, the can be located on or below the lever under the center console assembly.
- Here we will discuss the replacement procedure for hand style parking brake. Take the center console assembly away by removing the bolts.
- Disconnect the wiring connections from the parking brake switch.
- Remove the switch from the brake lever by removing the bolts or clips.
- Replace the old switch with new one.