Below guide will teach you How to Replace a Fuel Filter. Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Hose Pincher
- Socket and Ratchet Set
- Flare Nut Wrench
- Flat Head Screwdriver
- 3/8 in. Drive Ratchet
- Fuel Filter
- DIY Costs: Est. $16.71 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $82.96 parts and labor
- Prop the hood up and look for the fuel filter.
- You can use fuel line that will guide you to the fuel filter if it is not visible.
- Examine the filter element for dust and debris, if fuel filter case is clear.
- In case of dirty fuel filter case, discard it from the fuel line and drain the fuel from it.
- Fit a new fuel filter carefully taking help from the arrow on the filter that suggests the direction of the flow.
- Reconnect the fuel lines to the fuel filter.
- Turn the vehicle on and wait for few minutes. Check the fuel lines and the surrounding areas for leak.
- Take a small drive and make sure that the vehicle is running smooth without missing or any other problem.