Below guide will teach you How to Replace a Brake Light Switch. Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Combination Wrench Set
- Needle Nose Pliers
- Brake Light Switch
- DIY Costs: Est. $23.20 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $90.62 parts and labor
- Make sure that the ignition key is in ON position.
- Switch on the headlights by turning the headlight switch to on.
- Depress the brake pedal and told your assistant to examine whether the brake headlights turn on or not.
- If lights don’t turn on, look for the light switch somewhere around the brake pedal linkage. Make sure that the current is passing through the switch.
- Detach the wiring harness from the brake pedal switch.
- Discard the brake pedal switch from the brake pedal linkage.
- Take the old switch out and install a new switch in place of it.
- Reattach the wiring harness to the brake pedal switch.
- Again depress the brake pedal and told your assistant to check the lights on the back.