Below guide will teach you How to Clean a Fuel System. Please follow the instructions carefully.
- DIY Costs: Est. $0.00 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $63.24 parts and labor
If fuel system is free from any kind of malfunctioning, you can see the results while driving. For instance, if your vehicle drive smoothly, shifts easily between gears, accelerate steadily then your fuel system is performing up to the mark. In reverse situation follow the steps given below.
- Examine the color of the fuel. Dark colored fuel symbolizes that your fuel system requires cleaning or flushing.
- Similarly, observe the odor of the fuel. For this, remove the oil fill cap and smell the fuel. You may have to discard the fuel filter in order to have the better idea of the fuel odor. A varnish like odor of the fuel refers to the fact that fuel needs to be replaced.
- Apart from observing the color and odor of the fuel, you also need to examine the status of the fuel lines and fuel tank. Cracked or damaged lines should be replaced.
- Cleaning a fuel system is relatively easy. You just need to put some fuel system additives to your fuel tank and fill the fuel tank with new gasoline keeping in view the directions given on fuel system additive manual.
- Take a small drive and observe if you feel any difference. Make sure that you drive in all possible ways such as with full throttle, normal driving conditions, in streets, freeways etc.
- In case you don’t feel any improvement, you need to check the fuel system and drive train thoroughly.