Below guide will teach you How to Check Engine Oil Level. Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Shop Towel
- DIY Costs: Est. $0.00 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $63.24 parts and labor
- Secure the vehicle on the flat surface to get an accurate reading of oil level.
- Switch the engine on and let it remain idle for few minutes.
- Switch off the engine and wait for a while so that the oil settles down in the reservoir.
- Prop the hood up and look for the engine oil dipstick. Take help from owner’s manual to spot the location of the dipstick.
- Remove the engine oil dipstick from the tube and wipe it clean with a clean cloth.
- Insert the dipstick again into the tube and pull out again to check the oil level.
- Make sure that the oil level is in between MIN and MAX marks.
- If the oil level is low, add more oil so that it reaches to the MAX mark.
Tips & Warnings
- Use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while doing repair work on your vehicle. This protective clothing such as safety goggles, latex gloves, and closed toe shoes keep your safe from injuries.