Below guide will teach you How to Replace a Window Regulator. Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Window Regulator
- Combination Wrench Set
- Socket and Ratchet Set
- Trim Panel Removal Tool
- DIY Costs: Est. $55.12 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $376.93 parts and labor
- Make sure that the negative battery cable is disconnected before starting your task.
- Take all the handles and switches away from the door panel. Next unfasten all the screws.
- Take a door panel trim tool and use it carefully to pry all the clips holding the door panel to the door shell.
- You may have to detach the electrical connector from the power window switch to remove the door panel.
- After removing the door panel, take away the vapor barriers also.
- Take the glass out of the window regulator and attach it with door frame using the tape.
- Unfasten the bolts holding the window regulator in place and glide out the regulator assembly.
- Take a new window regulator and connect it with the motor. Attach the new regulator assembly and secure it with bolts.
- Remove the tape and fix the window with new window regulator.
- Reconnect the vapor barriers and other electrical connectors to the power window switch.
- Supply power to the window switch and see whether the new window regulator is installed correctly.
- Put back the door trim panel and all the switches and handles.
- Examine the window regulator again by moving the window up and down several times.