Below guide will teach you How to Replace a Washer Pump. Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Washer Pump
- Socket and Ratchet Set
- 3/8 in. Drive Ratchet
- DIY Costs: Est. $24.96 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $148.03 parts and labor
- Lift the hood and carefully find the washer tank.
- Examine the washer tank for leakage.
- Make sure that the washer fluid is in place.
- You may need to take out some parts like battery, splash shields or air filter to reach to the water tank.
- Take the old water tank away.
- Take the old washer pump and gasket out of the tank.
- Take a new washer pump and gasket and install them in washer tank properly.
- Remount the washer tank at its place.
- Remount battery, air filter or splash shields.
- 10. Take a windshield washer fluid designed for your vehicle and fill the tank.