Below guide will teach you How to Replace a Tail Light. Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Tail Light
- 1/4 in. Drive Ratchet
- Socket and Ratchet Set
- Trim Panel Removal Tool
- 3/8 in. Drive Ratchet
- DIY Costs: Est. $15.81 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $81.90 parts and labor
- Switch on the headlights and go on the rear side of the vehicle to check which tail has burned out.
- Unfasten any screws from the outside of the tail light if applicable to remove the plastic trim or cover.
- You can access the back of the tail light by opening the trunk.
- Take the socket and bulb out of the tail light assembly.
- Unfasten the nuts holding the tail light in place and remove it.
- Take a new tail light and position it in the tail light pocket.
- Secure it with screws and nuts.
- Reinstall the socket and bulb into the new tail light.
- Put back the cover or plastic trim and secure it with screws.
- Check the light by turning it on.