Below guide will teach you How to Replace a Rear Lift Gate Locking Mechanism. Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Trim Panel Removal Tool
- Set of Sockets and Ratchet
- DIY Costs: Est. $0.00 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $118.58 parts and labor
Following is given the procedure for replacing a rear lift gate locking mechanism in an easy way:
- First of all, you need to disconnect the negative cable from the negative terminal of the battery.
- Remove the window glass.
- Next, you have to take the rear lift gate interior trim out.
- Detach the electrical connectors from the lock mechanism.
- After removing the wire harness, detach the lock mechanism from the lift gate.
- Take a new lock mechanism and fix it in the same manner as you unfix it.
- Replace all the parts such as wiring harness, interior trim panel etc.
- Reconnect the negative cable to the negative terminal of the battery.
- Check the new lock mechanism by locking and unlocking the vehicle.