Below guide will teach you How to Replace a Hood Strut. Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Hood Prop
- DIY Costs: Est. $0.00 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $63.24 parts and labor
Follow the instructions:
- Lift the engine hood and secure it with a hood prop.
- Take all the clips away from the struts pivot points.
- Examine the struts and replace the damaged strut with the new one.
- Take new strut and secure it on the place with the help of clips.
- Make sure that the clips are tight.
- Check the working of the newly installed struts by removing the hood prop.
- Lower the hood and your job is done.