Below guide will teach you How to Replace a Headlight Assembly. Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- 1/4 in. Drive Ratchet
- DIY Costs: Est. $26.82 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $218.72 parts and labor
Replacing a headlight assembly is not a difficult task. You only need some tools and few skills to do this job on your own. Follow the given steps to replace a headlight assembly at home.
- Park the car and lift the hood. Make sure that parking brake is on.
- Remove all the electrical connectors attached to the headlight assembly.
- Next, you have to take the headlight assembly out of the headlight compartment. For this, you have to unfasten the screws holding the assembly in its place.
- Remove the headlight assembly and look for any damaged areas on it.
- Take a new headlight assembly and replace it with the old damaged assembly.
- It is important to have a look on the headlight housing whether it is free f any damage or not. If it is damaged, replace it as well.
- Fix the new headlight assembly in the headlight compartment.
- Attach all the electrical connectors back to the assembly.
- You are done.