Below guide will teach you How to Check Manual Transmission oil Level. Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Floor Jack
- Combination Wrench Set
- Drain Pan
- Socket and Ratchet Set
- Jack Stand
- DIY Costs: Est. $0.00 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $63.24 parts and labor
- First secure the vehicle on a flat surface and apply parking brake.
- Oil checking requires a level surface so that you can get an accurate reading.
- If you are required to lift the vehicle due to low ground clearance, make certain that you secure the vehicle on all four corners on jack stands.
- Search for the transmission fill plug and take it away. In many vehicles, fill plug is positioned on the upper side. Examine the level of the oil.
- In case oil is below recommended level, add more oil to bring to the full mark. Always use the manufacturer specified transmission oil for your vehicle.
- Recap the fill plug and secure it properly. Wait for some time to see if there is any leak.
Points to Remember
- Always use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while working with your vehicle to ensure your safety such as protective goggles, closed toe shoes, or latex gloves etc.