Below guide will teach you How to Check for Loose Steering System Parts. Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stand Set
- Pry Bar
- DIY Costs: Est. $0.00 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $118.58 parts and labor
- Park the car on a flat surface and don’t forget to apply parking brake.
- Take a floor jack and raise the front of the vehicle. It is better to put logs behind rear wheels.
- Take jack stands and secure the vehicle over them to avoid any critical situation because your safety should be your priority.
- Ask the assistant to wiggle the steering wheel from left to right, so that you can check for looseness in steering column, steering box, steering rack and all other connected parts.
- Don’t forget to observe the outer tie ends for extreme play at the link to the steering knuckle.
- All the components which have excessive play should be replaced. Take help from owner’s manual to check for specifications.
- Remove the defective steering system parts and consult any professional technician for help.