Below guide will teach you How to Check Automatic Transmission Fluid Level. Please follow the instructions carefully.
- DIY Costs: Est. $0.00 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $118.58 parts and labor
- Prop up the hood and search for the automatic transmission fluid tank.
- On the transmission fluid tank locate the dipstick. If there is no dipstick, you can check the fluid level with the help of plug.
- Locate the plug at the underneath of the transmission oil pan. The pan is full, if the oil goes out of the plug.
- To obtain the accurate fluid level, switch on the engine and check the fluid level.
- Remove the dipstick and put the oil funnel into it to add fluid to the oil pan.
- Make sure the fluid is recommended type for your vehicle.
- After filing the oil pan, put the dipstick and check the fluid level. Add more fluid if required.