Below guide will teach you How to Check Power Steering Fluid. Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Power Steering Fluid
- DIY Costs: Est. $0.00 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $23.72 parts and labor
- First of all, switch off the engine and find the power steering fluid reservoir under the hood. Mostly these reservoirs are connected to the power steering with a hose. In case, you can’t find the reservoir, please consult your vehicle manual to get the exact location.
- Once you have found the reservoir, check the fluid level with the marks (marks are on the side of reservoir). Fluid level varies according to the temperature so, make sure you are checking the correct market. In case the reserviour is not translucent and without marks, open the cap to check the level. Usually, there’s a stick on the underside of the cap, which should have two fill lines cut into it.
- If you see dark fluid, open the cap of reservoir to check for contamination. You might need to change the fluid in this case.
- In case, the fluid level is low, pour the manufacturer’s recommended power steering fluid.
Hope that helps!